Updated Monday January 15, 2018 by BYB.
Bismarck Youth Baseball has five league divisions, as well as a Travel Ball program and a Fall Ball program. Details regarding the divisions are available on each of the Division pages.
Division Placement is based on player age as of April 30th in the year the season takes place:
- T-Ball - designated for 6 year-old players.
- Rookie - designated for 7 and 8 year-old players.
- AA - designated for 9 and 10 year-old players.
- AAA - designated for 11 and 12 year-old players; team placement is based on skills evaluation scores.
- Majors - designated for 11 and 12 year-old players whose skills evaluation scores are in the top 96 of all players aged 11 and 12.
- For the 2018 season, the T-Ball teams will play one game a week, and all T-Ball games will take place on Sunday evenings, on the four west fields.
- Rookie, AA, AAA, and Majors teams generally have two games per week and are played Monday - Thursday at 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm. Nights and times for each team will vary throughout the season - rotating between Mon/Wed and Tues/Thurs nights, and early/late games. Team schedules will be determined by the number of registered players in each division, and will posted after teams have been determined. If necessary, some divisions may have to have some games played on Sunday nights - but it will be posted before games begin.
- Travel Baseball is a supplemental program designated for 9 - 12 year-old players who would like additional baseball mentoring on fundamentals and to experience competitive tournament baseball. Participation is in addition to, but not separate from, League play. For those families who are interested in learning more about the traveling division, an informational meeting for parents will be held in the spring, prior to tryouts. Information about that meeting will be emailed out to all age-eligible registrants in mid-to-late February.